Content is king on the net. Having said that, I’m not original as I’m not the first who said that and I won’t be the last one. Anyhow, it’s the truth.
Users looking for new and interesting content everyday and we, as copywriters, need to give amazing words to them. We need to be original and achieve the – hard – goal to write interesting things in a simple manner.
One of the problem with contents is duplicates. Unfortunately scrapers are everywhere, writers sometimes find easier to copy-paste contents – especially in forum – than write new pieces. How to solve this problem? How to protect our work?
Check regularly the net to look for someone who copied our work is the first step to do. Of course it’s quite impossible to do it manually by copying and pasting phrase snippets into Google query box and then hitting “go”. Especially if you write hundrends and hundreds of articles each year, this manual job would “a bit” time consuming.
Best Duplicate Contents Checker Tools
Duplicate checker tools come in our help by giving us a nice and useful hand. Those I personally use follow.
Personally one of the best free duplicate content checker tools. Easy to use, you just need to register and than go.
Copy-paste the content you want to check into the textarea and then click on the green button “Search”. After few seconds you’ll know if your content is unique or not.
- It’s free
- It’s easy to use
- 2 tries for everyone without registration
- you can check both content or URLs
- limitations for daily usage to – about – 20 documents (but it’s free and a fair usage limit is necessary in my opinion, so this is not properly a disadvantage. Anyway if you want to check more contents you can register with a new e-mail)
- is not possible – or I’ve never found the option – to check more than one URLs at time
When talking about duplicate contents, Copyscape is probably the best checker tools by far. It has a free version to look for some URLs or a premium version which allow to check pasted contents (as Duplichecker does) or a bunch of URLs. Very good for bulk duplicate checkings.
APIs can extend the functionality of this tool as they allow to check directly from your website. For a PHP Programmer is a very nice tool to implement.
Cost is per search and is – currently – 5c (USD).
- probably the best checker tool out there
- a – limited – free version that allows to check its potentiality
- quite cheap
- not free